In compliance with federal regulations as interpreted by the Higher Learning Commission, the University maintains a record of complaints sent by enrolled students to the president, vice presidents, provosts, and academic deans. The complaints recorded include academic grievances sent to any person designated by a vice president, provost, or director to receive and act on grievances. The complaints recorded include only complaints submitted in writing and signed by a student. Enrolled students include students who registered for courses within the last two years from the date of receipt of the complaint unless the student has been dismissed from the University. If a student has been dismissed but an academic grievance is filed within two years, the complaint/grievance will be tracked. No information identifying the individual(s) making the complaint is made available to the accrediting association. Students may review a record of anonymously tracked complaints that includes academic grievances. The University registrar maintains the database of formal complaints and at least once a year issues a report summarizing the complaints and their status. The following information is recorded in the complaint database:

  • The date the complaint was formally submitted.
  • The nature of the complaint.
  • The steps taken to resolve the complaint.
  • The University’s final decision regarding the complaint.
  • External actions, if known, initiated by the student to resolve the complaint and outcome of such actions

NOTE: Within 10 days of the final resolution of the grievance, the Academic Dean (or CE) must report the details of the grievance to the University Registrar. The University Registrar will maintain an official record of all grievances filled with the University.

Military students have an additional option, as follows:

The Department of Defense provides the Postsecondary Education Complaint System which provides a centralized online reporting system for service members and their families to use in reporting problems with education institutions. Agency partners including the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Education are also launching online feedback tools providing a centralized system for veterans, service members and eligible family members to file student complaints. 

Students can submit a complaint if they believe their school is failing to follow the Principles of Excellence through the centralized online reporting system accessed via the Department of Defense website. Examples of education-related issues may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentation or deceptive actions with regards to private or institutional loans, high-pressure recruitment tactics, false representations about degree programs, and misleading statements regarding accreditation.   

The complaint system is part of the President’s Executive Order establishing Principles of Excellence for educational institutions serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and other Family Members; designed to empower beneficiaries to report experiences related to misleading or unfair acts or practices by educational institutions serving veterans, service members and their families.   

Military-connected students using Tuition Assistance (TA) or Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Scholarships can submit feedback at:  Once a complaint is received, agency staff will contact both the student submitting the complaint as well as the referenced school, working with both parties to fully understand the issue raised and seek resolution.  

All verified cases will be submitted to the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Sentinel Network accessible by over 650 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies for use in enhancing and coordinating law enforcement investigations. Appropriate cases will be referred to the Department of Justice and/or Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. 


State of Kansas Complaint Procedures

Should the institution not be able to resolve the student complaint, the student has the right to contact the state of Kansas and it's appropriate agency to determine the course of action.  Complaints can be filed with the following agencies in Kansas:

  • Complaints related to the application of state laws or rules related to approval to operate or licensure of a particular professional program within a postsecondary institution shall be referred to the appropriate  State Board (i.e., State Boards of Health, State Board of Education, and so on) within the Kansas State Government and shall be reviewed and handled by that licensing board ( and then search for the appropriate division);
  • Complaints related to state consumer protection laws (e.g., laws related to fraud or false advertising) shall be referred to the Consumer Protection Division in the office of the Kansas Attorney General and shall be reviewed and handled by that Unit (

State of Arizona Complaint Procedures

If the student complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the Institution's grievance procedures, the students may file a complaint with the Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education.  The student must contact the State Board for further details.  The state Board Address is:

1400 W. Washington, Room 26

Phoenix, AZ 85007

Phone: 602-542-5709



State of Wisconsin Complaint Procedures

Educational Approval Board

431 Charmany Drive, Ste. 102

Madison, WI 53719

Phone: 608-266-1996


State of Indiana Complaint Procedures

101 West Ohio Street, Ste. 550

Indianapolis, IN 46204-1984

Phone: 317-464-4400



Higher Learning Commission (HLC)

Allegations regarding noncompliance with accreditation standards, policies, and procedures may be made to:


230 South LaSalle Street

Suite 7-500

Chicago, IL 60604 

The Commission's complaint policy, procedure and the Complaint form may be found on their website,