Foreign Credential Evaluation

Students with foreign credentials who are applying to Ottawa University must have their credentials evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Reports include information about the credential awarded and the U.S. equivalency. If you have not taken any college-level courses outside the U.S., you only need to submit a certificate of graduation from a high school. This certificate does not need to be evaluated by a credential evaluator.

Members of NACES can be found on their website at

Below is a sampling of commonly used members:

Students are responsible for submission of the appropriate documents and fees required for this evaluation. Exceptions are made at the discretion of the University Registrar.